I received my Ph.D. in finance from School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University in 2017. I joined University of International Business and Economics in 2017, and became an Associate Professor of Finance in 2019.
My primary research focuses on topics in empirical asset pricing, behavioral finance, especially Chinese stock and bond market. My research interests also include the investment and financing behaviors of corporations.
Boxue Building Room 912#, Huixindongjie 10#, Chaoyang District, Beijing China, 100029
PDF version of my cv can be found here.
• Communication and Comovement: Evidence from Online Stock Forums, with Lei Jiang (Tsinghua University), and Baozhong Yang (Georgia State University), Financial Management, 2019 (48).
• Equity Index Futures Trading and Stock Price Crash Risk: Evidence from Chinese Markets, with Rui Zhong (University of Western Australia), Journal of Futures Markets, 2018(38).
• Political Uncertainty and Credit Market Risk, with Rui Zhong (University of Western Australia),Journal of Financial Stability, 2017(5).
• 《地理位置、高铁与信息：来自中国IPO市场的证据》，与黄张凯（清华大学）、马光荣（中国人民大学），《世界经济》，2016 (9).
• 《产权性质、市场化改革与融资歧视——来自上市公司投资-现金流敏感性的证据》，与王正位（清华大学）、朱武祥（清华大学），《南开管理评论》，2014 (5).
• 《过度投资的理论与实证研究: 综述与反思》，与王正位（清华大学）、朱武祥（清华大学），《投资研究》，2014 (8).
• 《高管证券背景对上市公司增发行为的影响》，与孙艳梅（对外经贸大学）、潘慧峰（对外经贸大学），《财经科学》，2013 (5).
• Pledgeability and Asset Prices: Evidence from Chinese Corporate Bond Markets, with Hui Chen (MIT), Zhuo Chen (Tsinghua University), Zhiguo He (University of Chicago), and Rengming Xie (CITIC), 2019
• Arthur Warga Award for the Best Paper in Fixed Income at the SFS Cavalcade North America
• Presented at: American Finance Association Annual Meeting (2020, scheduled); European Finance Association Annual Meeting (2019); NBER Summer Institute (2019); Financial Intermediation Research Society’s Annual Conference (Savannah, 2019); Society for Financial Studies Cavalcade North America Conference (Pittsburg, 2019); Ninth Erasmus Liquidity Conference (Rotterdam, 2019); European Finance Association Annual Meeting (Carcavelos, 2019); Guanghua International Symposium on Finance (Beijing, 2018); Chicago lunch seminar (Chicago, 2018); MIT Sloan (Boston, 2018); the Fudan Fanhai Summer Conference (Shanghai, 2018); Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (Shanghai, 2018)
• Investor Attention and Commonalities Across Asset Pricing Anomalies, with Lei Jiang (Tsinghua University), Lin Peng (Baruch College, City University of New York), and Baolian Wang (Fordham University), 2019
• Presented at: China International Conference in Finance (CICF, Hangzhou, 2017); Financial Management Association Annual Meeting (FMA, Boston, 2017); Baruch College, CUNY (New York, 2017); Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (Chengdu, 2018), University of International Business and Economics (Beijing, 2016); Central University of Finance and Economics (Beijing, 2016); Beihang University (Beijing, 2016); Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (Shanghai, 2016); Nankai University (Tianjin, 2016); Capital University of Economics and Business (Beijing, 2016)
• CDS trading and stock price crash risk, with Jeffrey Ng (Hong Kong Polytechnic University), Dragon Yongjun Tang (Hong Kong University), and Rui Zhong (University of Western Australia), 2019
• Presented at: IFABS 2017 Ningbo Conference (Ningbo, 2017); Financial Management Association Annual Meeting (FMA, San Diego, 2018)
• Does Privatization Reform Alleviate Ownership Discrimination? Evidence from the Split-share Structure Reform in China, with Wuxiang Zhu (Tsinghua University), and Zhengwei Wang (Tsinghua University)
• Presented at: IFABS Asia (Ningbo, 2017); Summer Institute of Finance (SIF, Shanghai, 2016); International Accounting and Finance Doctorial Symposium (IAFDS, Glasgow, 2016); Tsinghua University (Beijing, 2016); China Finance and Accounting Conference (Shanghai, 2014)
• Foreign Bank Entry and Stock Price Crash Risk: Insights from Staggered Regulatory Changes, with Tse-Chun Lin (Hong Kong University), Xiaoran Ni (Xiamen University), 2019
• Presented at: Xi’an Jiaotong University (Xi’an, 2019); Chinese Finance Annual Meeting (Guangzhou, 2018); Annual symposium of China Journal of Accounting Research (Guangzhou, 2018); Wuhan University (Wuhan, 2018)
• The Transformative Effects of Privatization in China: A Natural Experiment Based on Politician Career Concern, with Zhangkai Huang (Tsinghua University), Guangrong Ma (Renmin University), and Lixin Colin Xu (World Bank), 2019
• Liquidity in Cryptocurrency Market and Commonalities across Anomalies, with Bingbing Dong (Central University of Finance and Economics), Lei Jiang (Tsinghua University), and Yifeng Zhu (Central University of Finance and Economics), 2020
• Carbon Dioxide and Asset Pricing: Evidence from International Stock Markets, with Zhuo Chen (Tsinghua University), Andrea Lu (The University of Melbourne), and Libin Tao (University of International Business and Economics), 2020
1. Security Investment (Undergraduate)
2. Micro Economics (Undergraduate)
3. Portfolio Management (Undergraduate)
4. Introduction to Asset Pricing (Ph.D)
1.Language: Chinese (Native), English (Fluent)
2.Programming: STATA (Proficient), MATLAB, R, SAS
3.Databases: CSMAR, RESSET, WRDS
4.Others: Piano (Level 10)